Skip to main Content
Travel Insurance

Explore the world with our flexible cover

    When you take out travel insurance with us, you will be given a policy booklet detailing what to do in the event of a claim.
    All our travel policies include a 24 hour, 365 days per year emergency assistance helpline, so you are always able to get help.

    We can offer policies both with and without cover for your luggage and personal money under our travel insurance policies. If your possessions are already covered under your household policy, you may not need to pay to include them on the travel policy.

    a) In respect of the UK and Europe you are only covered for pre-existing medical conditions if

     1. You are not aware of any reason why the trip should be cancelled
     2. Your Medical Practitioner would not have advised you against travel
     3. You are not seeking medical treatment abroad or you do not have a terminal prognosis
     4. You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for any injury or illness as a hospital patient
     5. Your medical condition is stable and well controlled

    nb. An age limit of 85 applies to all UK only policies.    

    b) In respect of Worldwide travel outside the United Kingdom and Europe this insurance carries automatic Health Exclusions. Once you have purchased our policy, please telephone the Medical Screening Helpline on 01403 788975 to inform them if anyone to be covered by this policy, or any close relative, or business associate, whether they are booked to travel on the holiday or not :

    a. Has a pre-existing medical condition that has required treatment or for which medication has been prescribed in the last 24 months.
    b. Has or has had any condition still requiring periodic review or is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or results of the same.

    The Medical Screening Helpline may charge a separate premium to cover medical conditions after you have purchased your Worldwide CSIS travel policy.

    Please note: In respect of travel to all Worldwide destinations, it is your responsibility to disclose all pre-existing medical conditions at every renewal to the Medical Screening Helpline.

    There are Excesses on most sections of all travel policies. Please check the policy wording for the type of policy that you’re interested in.



    We do not recommend that you take valuable items away with you as holidaymakers are relatively easy for thieves to spot. However, if you do have an expensive camera that you want to use whilst away then normally, it will be covered up to the single article or valuables limit.

    Please note that loss of or damage to valuables and money are not covered if left unattended or removed from luggage whilst in transit. You may find that it is necessary to arrange additional cover with possibly your home contents Insurer.  


    Some authorities may ask to see your Insurance Policy schedule, so you should at least carry a copy. However, to take advantage of our 24 hour emergency assistance, all you will need is your Policy Number and the 24 hour medical emergency telephone number.


    Yes, however, the policy will exclude your travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other public transport provider.


    Yes. When they are also named on the Policy Schedule. We provide cover for your spouse/partner and children on all their trips when they are travelling without you up to a maximum duration of 45 days.


    Yes. We offer reduced rates for children, families, and one parent families.




    Yes, simply enter their ages under an individual (or group if more than one) policy type to get a competitive quote.

    Cancellation cover for single trip policies commences immediately after the Travel Insurance Policy has been accepted and the relevant premium paid and ends upon your departure from the UK. For Annual Multi-Trip Policies, Cancellation cover commences from the commencement date of the Policy or the date of booking the holiday, whichever is the later, and ends upon your departure from the UK for each trip taken.


    (For UK policies please see Policy Wording) 

    A refund of the premium can be allowed only within the first 14 days of the Policy being taken out or before your travel (whichever is the sooner) if the Policy does not meet your requirements. You cannot cancel your Policy and receive a refund of premium after the 14 days or if you travel.


     Yes. A single trip policy can be taken for all durations up to and including 365 days.

    Yes, per the valuables definition contained on page 4, and subject to the policy exclusions.

    Yes, we can provide cover for any single trip up to a duration of 365 days.

    A family policy covers two adults, plus up to five dependent children. Children must be under 18 years of age when the policy is issued.

    A Single Parent policy covers one adult and any number of dependent children. Children must be under 18 years of age when the policy is issued.

    For the purpose of the age restriction above, under our policies the USA and Canada is defined as any STATE thereof. 

    Cover is included for the following Activities:- Abseiling, Angling, Archery, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Beach Games, Billiards, Bird Watching, Bodyboarding, Bowling, Bowls, Camping, Canoeing (excluding white water), Catamaran Sailing (In-shore), Clay Pigeon Shooting ( No PA/PL), Cricket, Croquet, Curling, Dancing, Darts, Diving (indoor up to 5 metres), Fell Walking, Flag football, Football, Fresh Water/Sea Fishing (Inshore Waters), Frisbee, Fruit or Vegetable Picking (not involving the use of machinery), Go Karting, Golf, Guided Glacier Walking (up to 1500 metres No PA/ PL), Hockey (No PA/ PL) , Hiking/Trekking/ Walking up to 3000 metres, Horse Riding (no jumping), Ice Skating, Jet Boating, Jet Skiing, Jogging, Kayaking, Keep fit, Kite Boarding/ Surfing, Kiting, Korfball, Lacrosse, Model Flying, Model Sports, Motorcycling (EU Only - on road wearing a helmet provided you hold an appropriate UK licence for the capacity of the motorcycle you are riding up to a maximum of 14 days in any one trip with a maximum of 125cc), Mountain Biking (not downhill), Netball, Petanque, Pigeon Racing, Pony Trekking (No PA/PL), Pool, Quoits, Rackets, Rafting (Grade 1 & 2 rivers only), Rambling, Racquet Ball, River Walking, Road Cycling, Rounders, Rowing, Running, Safari (UK Organised), Safari Trekking (UK organised), Sail Boarding, Sailing (inshore recreational), Scuba Diving to 30 metres if qualified and not diving alone or down to 9 metres if not qualified and must be accompanied by a qualified instructor, Sea Fishing (Inshore Waters), Small bore target shooting (target range-not hunting), Skiing/Snowboarding (On-Piste), Sledging, Snooker, Snorkelling, Softball, Squash, Stoolball, Stoopball, Surfing, Swim Trekking, Swimming, Swimming with Dolphins/Turtles,Table Tennis, Ten Pin Bowling, Tennis,Volley-ball, Wakeboarding, Water Skiing (No jumps), Whale Watching, Windsurfing, Yachting (recreational, in-land and coastal waters), Yoga and Zipwiring.


    Where noted as No PA/PL the Personal Accident (PA) and/or the Personal Liability (PL) sections of the policy will not apply and will be excluded from cover.

     Cover is excluded for the following Activities:-

    Black Water Rafting Bobsleighing BoxingBungee Jumping Camel/Elephant RidingCanyoning Cliff DivingCombat SportsDeep Sea Fishing Free Running / Parkour Hang Gliding Hot Air Ballooning HuntingIce HockeyMartial ArtsMicrolightingMotor and Motorcycle RacingMotorcycling Holidays, MountaineeringOcean Sailing/ Yachting (Offshore passage making), Dog Sledging

    Paintballing Parachuting Paragliding Parascending Piloting Aircraft Polo Pot Holing Professional Sporting Events (Track and Field, Gymnastics, Road Racing) Rock Climbing Rugby Skidooing Skiing/Snowboarding (Off-Piste) Snowmobiling Submarining Trampolining White Water Rafting (Grade 3 and above)

    Please note: Manual work is also excluded.


    All the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man must now be covered under a European Policy.

    Following a change of reciprocal healthcare agreements with the UK Government, UK cover is no longer sufficient.

    It may be possible to offer UK Annual Travel for persons up to age 85 – please call us on 01622 766960.

    War risks, civil commotion, radioactive contamination.

    Deliberate exposure to danger, influence of drugs or alcohol.

    Criminal acts.

    Travel to a country or specific area or event which the Foreign and Commonwealth office or the World Health Organisation has advised the public not to travel to.

    Cover for persons aged 76 years or over travelling to the USA or Canada.

    Bankruptcy, liquidation of any Tour Operator, Travel Agent or transportation company.

    Cover for persons aged 85 years or over for Annual UK policies.

    Stress, anxiety, depressive conditions, psychiatric illness or suicide.

    Cover for persons over 65 whilst skiing.

    Your disinclination to travel or continue a trip.

    An Excess is the first part of any claim which you will have to pay.

    If we can't offer you the travel insurance cover you want, or your premium is higher than you expected because you have serious medical conditions, you may be able to get help by accessing the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) or by calling them on 0800 138 777 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm).

    If you are travelling to any of the countries in the European Union, a European Health Insurance Card or Global Health Insurance Card entitles you to free health benefits.  Application forms for the new Global Health Insurance Card are available from any main Post Office or Online at and Search ‘GHIC’.

    If you hold either a European Health Insurance Card or Global Health Insurance Card before you travel – and use it to reduce the cost of a claim for medical expenses – we will not deduct the normal excess charge from your claim.

    Yes, our policy will provide cover for a cruise, subject to the inner policy limits.